An automotive manufacturer used Perceptron's non-contact dimensional gauging technology to guarantee a perfect quality result in their automatic door insertion station.
Door insertion process:
- Handling robot picks up a door and places it into one of the three quick-change grippers
- The assembly robot picks up the new gripper unit with the integrated door and pre-positions it in front of the door opening
- Perceptron sensors measure the respective positions of the door and the door opening to immediately correct all deviations
- the door is moved to the assembly position and screwed to the upper hinge and lower hinge at the same time
- A control measurement is taken
Click here to go to Perceptron's Automated Manufacturing solution page.